Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stacking coupons and MORE!!!

Hey guys and gals!

Alot of you have asked me about stacking coupons So i figured i would post you up something! :O
Although I am SURE i do not know everything myself yet! but i do know the basics!

                                          *****Stacking Coupons 101*****

1. Read and print out your store's coupon policy if they have one. ( keep this in the back of your binder!)
2. Call your local grocery store, CVS, wal greens, target ETC Ask them do they take competitors coupons and if so who's.
 3. You have to ask the who b/c for some area's (like mine) Another store is only considered a competitor if they are in the  same shopping center etc.  Lucky for me my publix and Target are in same shopping center and publix will take target's coupons!
4. You can use one manufacturer's coupon and one store coupon, you can use several different store's coupons as long they accept them. Say one manufacturer's one store ( the store your shopping in) and one competitor's coupon.

Like this week my publix has Wishbone salad dressing on bOgO for $2.91.  I have 2 .40¢ off one manufacturer coupons and 2 $1.50 off 2 Target coupons. I can use all 4 coupons on the 4 bottles I am buying. So all 4 are total $2.02 or .50¢ a piece!!!


                                            *****Don't forget your rain check!*****
 If they are sold out of an item that is on sale and you have good coupons! Or a great rebate or ECB. Like tonight  my CVS was out of the Complete contact solution which is *$8.99 but gave you  $8.99 in ECB's! So was free! So I asked could i get a rain check on the item and the ECB's and they said yes! How sweet!

                                             *******PLAN YOUR TRIP******
I have said before how important it is to take the time to plan your trips!! I can tell by my question that some of you have alot of time and some do not. Either way i suggest you check The Krazy Coupon Lady's blog for your deals!  Not only does she spell it out store by store she gives you links to any printed coupons and the date the coupons needed came out in the paper. (This is VERY helpful when shopping for coupons at http://www.lorihas3kids.com/ as her's are listed by paper dates!)  This is the very MINIMUM you should do a week to be able to save decently.  I saved $246.32 dollars just the week between publix and CVS was that worth the day i spent planning my trip? HELL YEA!!

  I know what your thinking " Did she say a DAY?" Yep I did I start my day @ The Krazy Coupons Lady's page, Then i go to my local stores pages and look at the circulars (now by local i mean that Publix and Winn Dixie are both like 35 mins from me BUT saving $124 by going there def pays for the gas!!)  If you are unsure of  what stores are near you go to the yellow pages and put your city and zip in and search grocery stores! Once there i check for weekly deals and i match my coupons up with those deals and i order coupons if needed. I also go to the competitors site and see do they have any coupons i can print off to stack with my manufacturer coupons.  I write up my list ( I use this 2 store  lists from Money saving mom b/c its just easier http://moneysavingmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2store_shopping_list.pdf  BUT you use w/e you have on hand)  I do this for Publix, Winn Dixie, CVS, and Dollar general. I take the coupons that will be used for each store out of my binder and into an envelope ( i use the same envie every week and i always still have my binder in the car or Recently i have taken it in with me since i know my stores are nice)  So yeah thats alot of time I invest in it! START SMALL if you only have an hour a week check KCL's Blog and go from there. I will tell you that you will have to go thru her older posts b/c she does so many stores her front page fills up fast!



                *****DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ORDER COUPONS ONLINE!!*****
**Disclaimer: You do not actually buy the coupons as that is illegal instead you pay for someone to clip them a "handling" fee**

  I seriously can NOT say this enough. I noticed on the question i posted that there is a few of you that do not know how, I will address that in a minute. but FIRST i want to address the "I don't see the point" crowd. Guys I implore you to give clipping services a chance the savings you get from them is unbelievable! I will give you a set of trustworthy sites you can order from that I myself order from all the time!
  Let me give you an example of why buying coupons online is worth it. DO you like pasta? How many different dinners can you make with pasta? I LOVE pasta and i can make alot of different stuff with it! So when i saw my local Publix had Mueller's pasta BOGO for $2.39 So i immediately  went and bought 20 $1 off coupons from lorihas3ids for $1!! ( most of hers are $1 for 20 but not all!) So that is a savings of $19 bucks! I bought 20 boxes of pasta this morning that will not expire until 2013. (But i also donate a portion to neighbors who have fell on hard times)  and YES all this pasta WILL be ate before it expires!!

 Another great example is the Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets that I am going to give half of to you guys thru giveaways. I bought 20 coupons $1 They are good on ANY size! At Wal-mart the trail size is .97¢  And wal-mart now gives you overage for coupons so I made .03 on each one i bought which totaled .60 Each packet has 2 sheets so that is 40 loads of laundry I could do for .40¢!!!!!!!!!   Does this making buying coupons more attractive to you?

If you do not know how to order coupons all you do is go to one of the sites listed below and browse around, most take debit or CC Some though take PayPal. I prefer PayPal I just feel its more secure. Also VERY important!! Try to find a clipping service close to you!!  If you live in VA and order from someone in Wa state do not be surprised if they do not get there until the sale is over!  I live in AL and order from people in FL it usually takes 3 days to get to me. 4 max. Also sometimes the mail just goes slow, even if the seller mails same day the mail can drag out the delivery.

I would like to point out that i do NOT i repeat do NOT get paid to promote any sites,  I just post sites I use and like and trust! (I know you can make a little spare change promoting sites on blogs I think if i ever did that  i would donate it to a charity like St. Jude's b/c that is truly a magical amazing place!)

Coupon clipping services I use:

http://www.lorihas3kids.com/  based in FL


http://www.thecouponclippers.com/ based in FL

http://www.ebay.com/  EBAY! is everywhere!!

INSERTS:  KRAZY INSERTZ
eBay is so awesome you can just search coupons or very specific coupons   Like 3 in 1 purex sheet coupons
Now eBay may be a little higher b/c you are bidding and such. But right now there are stacks of 20 of these coupons on eBay for $4.00.  Thats 40 loads of laundry done for $4.00!!!!!!  ((LOL I timed out to go buy a set when I saw that!! True story!))



                                                ***Did you say 20 boxes of pasta???***


Stockpiling is quickly becoming a dirty word thanks to the show! lol  But look at a stock pile for what it really is. It's back up, it's your safety net if anything happens. More and more people are losing jobs and homes every day. If you can buy 20 boxes of pasta for 20¢ today and use/store it Why wouldn't you? Do you need to go out and buy 50 coupons and get 100 boxes. . .um maybe not! (unless you have like alot of kiddo's :) B/c you know that the sale on that pasta will come back around in a few months and if you need more you can buy it then! Did I need to buy all that herbal essence just b/c i could get for 50¢ a bottle? Probably not but you know what I have some family birthdays rolling around and i can throw some of that herbal essence in a basket or gift bag and it is a nice gift someone will really enjoy and i got it for hardly nothing! (not that they need to know!!) Plus Let's face it even as we head into summer we know Christmas is coming! Do you really want to spend 100's even 1000's again this year on Christmas presents?


                                                  ***They just don't get it***

If your partner is resistant to couponing or just doesn't under stand it, you need to pick a week to spend extra time deal hunting and getting coupons and take them to the store with you! Especially if you figure you can save $50-$100 ((or more!!) bucks it makes an impact! As far as getting your partner to understand or go along with a little stockpiling well, hopefully something I said today will help you to better be able to find a way to make it appeasing and worth while. I know for myself  I started my stock pile with free stuff like the gain when the $3 off coupon was floating around.  Or getting stuff for free at walmart. Who cares I came home with a bag of stuff we didn't need? ITS FREE and I will need or use it in some way! How can anyone argue with Free or almost free? Of course I am what people call "feisty" I guess and I don't take no crap or listen to any lip from a  man no matter how in love I am! LMAO!! If i know what I am doing is right and makes sense that is enough for me!


I hope this helps you guys get going better. I know I am new myself and some of you may have tips or suggestions to add. Please feel free to do so in the comments below. Also comment on any Questions you may have I will gladly help all i can!

 As always forgive my typo's and I apologize for writing like a crazy woman!

~Tigs~

EDIT: I noticed after this posted that none of the *** headers I had done lined up, I decided to leave it that way! Charming no? lol

3 comments:

  1. Lots of great info here!! Thank you so much!

    My husband is one who I will have to do a little explaining with the couponing. He is all for using coupons and saving money, but taking it to the next level I think I will have to explain. Like spending a little money on stuff we don't need right now in order to get ECBs. We will use it, and they're giving me "money" for it. :) I think this will help him understand and maybe some others out there: My husband is a truck driver, so his paycheck depends on how many runs he does in a week. Some weeks he doesn't get so many, so there isn't so much money. If in one of those weeks that money is extra tight, we need shampoo deodorant or veggies but we don't really have a lot of money to go shopping...well, we have it in my stockpile. :) (Which is very very very small right now, lol.) And also, I know we have months when money is tight. Like it seems that every February is really tight for us. Insurance due on both cars, license plates are due, if hubby's driver's license is up for renewal, that's the month. So if we have stuff like frozen and canned food and toiletry items stocked up, that will help us out so much!

    Just a few thoughts I figured I would share.

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Thanks for the info Tigs. I'm still a little big confused on the CVS bucks. I received a receipt but it said I had to buy certain items to receive the "$5" off bucks. Maybe I'm miss reading it. I'm definitely going to hit up the CVS website to get more detail. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful write up!This helped a lot and was very informative. I've just decided to try this out after watching the tv show on TLC so I am about as new as you can get. I've got a lot of good tips and tricks but actually getting down to practicing some of them and saving the $$ everyone is talking about....well, time will tell! I do appreciate how helpful everyone is that knows what they are doing as well as how patient they are for some of us that it takes a while for things to add up sometimes!! LOL Thanks again for all of your helpful knowledge!!

    ReplyDelete