Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tig's guide for beginer Couponers

A question was posed to me tonight "What are the basic first steps to being a sucessful coupon lady.  This is what I have learned so far thru my own personal experience!


  Start small and work your way up, Buy 2 papers every Sunday that way you are not over whelmed with coupons. Also so that you have two coupons in case of BOGO sale!
*Edit 8/18/11 Of course now I order inserts every week from Krazy Inserts! LOVE HER! lol* You have to start a stockpile of inserts, There are two main ways to store your coupons
 1. Get a binder and clip your coupons every week and put them in the binder organized by items or dates. 
2. DO not clip your coupons and file the whole inserts by week. This is a good method as well as binder because almost all match-up sites give you the date for coupon needed! 
  Get a binder early!! It is so much easier to organize a few coupons as opposed to a lot! I am still working on mine i have so many coupons.

  TO really save with coupons takes an investment of time, you have to be able to check a few blogs especially on wed and sat. I will post the links to the best deals here and facebook.  I do not write match-ups myself I just do not have the time right now as I prepare to move. My personal favorite is The Krazy Coupon Lady! She always has the weekly deals posted as well as great beginner guides. 

  You also have to have time once a week to plan your trip. check your local circulars either on line or thru mail. 

  Match your coupons with your sales, if you don't NEED it wait it may be on sale next week :) I already do not buy much outside of meat and fresh veggies w/o a coupon LOL!

  Do not be afraid to buy coupons online!!!! I use http://www.thecouponclippers.com/ If I want extra coupons for an item!
They are located  in FL though so keep that in mind if you live on the west coast!!

I also have used Ebay! Search coupons or a specfic one!

2 comments: