Monday, April 4, 2011

Who the hell is This Tigs person?

The basics:
My name is Michelle but most call me Tigs these days.
I am female in my 30's 
No kids 1 cat (who is AWESOME!) 

I type so badly it has been dubbed it's own language by my friends "Tiggish" If you have a problem with this you should probably leave now. I am working on it but I will not be policed for how i spell or type! 

Due to a VERY old lady T-boneing my car a few years ago, which even with a seat belt on left a chunk of my  head in the windshield I have a VERY bad memory!! Please never take it personal that i forget things alot!


Do you like me ever wonder about the people that run these pages on Facebook? Why do they do it? What are they like? Are they nice? Do they care about their fans or just trying to get theirs? Will they help me if I ask? 

I wonder these things maybe I am the only one maybe I am not, If you care to know about me I will tell you. I have not lived an ordinary life by far, but that story will be left for my book I plan to write one day :P I will instead tell you how I got here spending my days running a FB page and hunting down crazy deals. 

 Four years ago I was living in Blackburg VA.  It is an awesome college town home to VA Tech!  It is truly the sweetest town I have ever lived in. I worked as a baker downtown, and loved my job very much! It gave me access to a lot of the kinds of people i enjoy spending time with.  Being the awesome baker and person I am :P I made alot of friends very fast!  Constant dinner parties, keggers lol, scavenger hunts that ended in me having one side of my hair lopped off! :)  I  never got the chance to go to college instead I had went to a 2 year culinary school, so I had never experience college life. It truly is the best years I think! 

Then Monday April 16th 2007 the VA Tech shootings happened, now it wasn't until 2 years later when my baby sister passed away suddenly that i realized the impact the shootings had on me. I shut down I lost a dear friend that day her name was Julia it was the first time i had ever lost someone close to me. We were not bff's, we did not see each other every day, but she always made an effort to stop by the bakery or apt and see me hang out give me kool books to read. Many times we sat on the lawn having lunch. I eventually had to quit my job at the bakery, It was just to painful I would swear to you that I often caught Julia out of the corner of my eye in the bakery all the time. 

 This lead to a dark time I guess you could say. I moved to Oklahoma didn't work, only left the house to go grocery shopping. After a year in OK my baby sister Heather passed away very suddenly, in her sleep, she was only 29 and has a daughter not even in her teens yet. Devastated is an understatement. I could never explain to you what that did to me on this blog or face to face I will only say a piece of me is gone now that I will never get back, the guilt I have for not being there the last year of her life is something I still struggle with. 
 So back to Oklahoma for another year of not working, not going no where and gaining about 75 pounds.  So locked inside my head i could not see or ear anything. After a year of that, One of the first days of spring, I was sitting on my couch with the patio door open and a breeze came across my face bringing in the smell of spring I stood up right then and knew i had to leave Oklahoma, that enough time had been spent wallowing in regret and self-pity. So I left eventually moving to Alabama where I am now.

Thru this time of withdrawal from life there was really only one person I talked to, Andi, She was always there for me she helped me so much after my sister passed, Gently and sometimes rough with her sharp tongue, and quick wit, she helped pull me out of the darkness, Andi and I have never met in real life, we met thru Facebook gaming and hit it off at once. It is amazing how close to someone you have never seen face to face, Every day i was laughing out loud, tears rolling down my cheeks, my boyfriend would come in and say "What are you and Andi up to now?"  Again I can not  describe what she meant to me. 

 Last Oct Andi took her own life 20 mins after trying to reach me on yahoo messenger. Even typing that brought me to a jarring abrupt stop. I want to say now about my dear friend that she had recently been put on some new medicine, I will always believe in my heart it was this medicine that caused her to do this. You know I saw a commercial the other night for a joint pain medication that had suicidal thoughts as a side effect. REALLY? ( anyway thats a debate for another time)  It goes with out saying that this was a devastating loss. To put it in perceptive of how close Andi and I were w/o ever meeting, her husband and daughter did not even  say anything on Facebook about her passing until personally talking to me.  Everyone in our lives knew what we meant to one another. Needless to say I begin to loose any and all progress that I had made,  again I lost a piece of me, again i am wracked with guilt, How could i forget yahoo that day? How of all the days in all my life. 

 At the first of this year I made a promise to myself to pull myself up by the shoe straps and get on with my life,No one I have lost would want me to live my life in pain and regret. It has been a slow hard progress I will not lie But I am making progress. I have a good life I do my best to appreciate that. 

 I have always enjoyed helping people, Growing up my home burned down 3 times, I learned quick that what material possessions you have are here today and gone tomorrow, they mean nothing and are easily replaced. It is only your relationships you create with others that last and have any real meaning.  After watching Extreme couponing on TLC It reminded me how much i used to love couponing! I do not know how or when i got away from using coupons But i do know this about couponing,  That it has the power to change peoples lives for the better. We are living in very tough times. People need help. I have always had very good organizational skills, I make a great manager. After doing this a few times I was like I can not keep this to myself I have to tell people. 

So that is what brought me to create my Fb page. It was began only to help my friends people I knew I never thought it would grow at all, but I am very happy to see it grow. I love talking to you guys, interacting like with my give aways,the enjoyment I get back is well worth the stamp and envelope to send you a few coupons! I am still learning myself  thats why I made the page so we could learn together.  Have somewhere it's ok to ask the so called "dumb questions"  I am even at the point now I am thinking of making a true business out of this one day. Teaching people how to shop and save money, to have a better quality of life.  I am pretty sure if i invested the time it would succeed. Not only could I make it my employment by maybe having classes or what not but I would meet new people which I love to do, but I will be able to truly help them. Helping people gives me a sense of worth I guess, Like my life has a meaningful purpose. 

I desire very much for the page to be more than just a place to post deals, but to be more, somewhere we can help and support each other,  Meet new friends, Help each other win contests and save money, share deals, sales, coupons you may find! My wall is always open to you guys! s long as I never get alot of spam it always will be! Thank you for being in my life! I appreciate you guys so much! I have locked myself up so tight, talking and interacting with you helps so much and means the world to me especially considering I still am living like a shut it. >.< It WILL get better this I know! 

 If you have made it this far you are indeed a special person! I hope my typos did not burn your eyes to bad! 
So that is why I am here. Thank everyone for being here as well! Soon we will all be Coupon Queens and maybe even make some friends along the way!

Sincerely,
Tigs

(Michelle Hensley)



**UPDATE** Please go HERE FOR A SIMPLE THANK YOU!



Yes this is a emo pic but one of the few I actually like :P

You can tell this was written almost a year ago when I could not even imagine having 1,000 fans!
Much less the almost 10k I have now! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

  

23 comments:

  1. Wow. I am in tears after reading your post. I am so sorry for all the loss you have suffered. I see myself in some of the things you said. Thank you for sharing your story with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to read it! I was very nervous about posting it, I am glad i did though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very refreshing to "meet" a completely honest person! So very glad that you are pulling yourself together after all you have gone thru! I am very much looking forward to being a part of your adventure in couponing & whatever else from here on! Thanks for sharing your life with me! By the way, I am new to this & use my boyfriends old gmail account for all the contests, etc, so if it says "Jeff said", it is really me-Raelyn Warner! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tigs, you sound like a great person. I'm happy to know you. I can relate to some of your losses and difficulties. It's life. Anyway, that's what I tell myself. Take care! Looking forward to your posts and thoughts! ET

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I cant believe I finally made it here wow took me forever lol. not sure about anything but I am here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I figured it out!! yay!!! I had read your story on fb the other day but now I can go here too. thANNKS!!i'M WITH cHERYL! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been coupon clipping since the 70's. I really ramped up in the early 80's and have continued saving myself money every week.
    By the way your typing and spelling is really not that bad.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very touching story Tig, you are doing a great job with the Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You have been through so much tragedy. I'm glad you were able to find something that makes you happy. Don't ever give up! Those that you have lost want you to succeed and be great! You can do it :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tigs, Thank you for sharing yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks all for taking the time to read this means alot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... Very heart felt "dumb question" do ya feel naked now? :P But seriously very touching thats a lot of pain and a hell of a emotion roller coaster in such a short time. I'm so sorry sweetie. I knew there was a reason I liked ya :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow.... and after all that life has given you... you are still the sweetest and strong woman you are. must be the va in ya!! :) you know we grew up just about the same area...only about 60 miles from one another....I had many friends at Tech and a few there the tragic day on the 16th everyone was lucky and made it through but it will make u open ur eyes and see life as it's fullest. Been great getting to know you and who knows we mite even know each other... and just dont know it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tigs - Thanks for making sure you have shared your personal story with me. Chin up girlie, you're on the right path now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tigs----thank you for sharing such a personal story....it must have been hard....I am from VA (not Blacksburg though), and I am very aware how the shootings affected so many......so sorry that you have been through so much but I feel honored that you would share it with me.....it can only get better from here:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your story. It touched me and made me cry. Keep doing what you're doing, you are on your way up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tigs what a story.. Thanks for sharing. You have suffered alot of tragedy at such a young age. Thank you for all the hard work you do on your facebook page... I'm am new to couponing so I appreciate the hard work you do to make things easier for me.. Still in the learning mode so your page helps me alot.. Your a strong person so hang in there...:)
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks guys! Your words mean alot to me! it means even more you took the time to read this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tigs, Thank you so much for doing all that you do everyday, and for sharing your story. I too have lived through the darkness, still live through it, and will prob always will. I have bouts of light that shines in and keeps me going and at times even have had to pull me out kicking and screaming, and they too are the ones I have met here at FB. The circumstances are the same and different as yours, but the feelings are identical.So I understand the closeness you shared with your friend, and the losses you feel. People laugh at me and think I jokingly say that FB saved my life, but the reality is, it's the truth. I fight every moment just to remain here. I am so glad you have shared your life and your behind the scenes reasons of why you do all that you do. I follow several blogs. You could say that I am addicted, maybe I am. But there are so many that I have become disillusioned with. With so many of us just trying to get by everyday and make what we have really stretch, I have found many that are just out for themselves. Or what they preach is so far from my realm of familiarity that i have a hard time even reading much of your blogs. To say in a blog that they have already funded their toddlers college fund, in just a matter of months is wonderful for them yet meaningless to me when i am just trying to fund my ordinary household bills or to find a way to provide meals all month long. Heaven forbid when there is a holiday or bday & I have to come up with extra. Sure, I am happy for those that are doing so well in their lives. But i need to have someone real, someone that doesn't have the perfect house, the perfect husband,the perfect jobs, the 2.3 kids that are perfect in every way. I need to know that someone has a life comparible to mine in at least the fact that it isn't all sunshine and roses out there. That sometimes all we have are dandelions and rain to look forward to. But we can get by with that with the right people standing beside us, cheering us along and understanding that we all are human. It is so refreshing to know that you are one of the "normal" ones out there.That and the fact that you are willing to share something so personal and deep. That I can appreciate and am grateful for. Thanks for revealing this side of you! I look forward to following you now more than ever!
    Lisa Bell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa thank you for sharing as well! Some days I am better but some days it is the same if not worse! Some times I wonder will I ever be whole again or even close. I think this is the first time ANY ONE has ever called ME normal LOL! I am so not :P I am down to earth though and real, blunt, some even say ruthlessly honest. :D Every day is a struggle emotionally and financially. we WILL get on top one day! this i do believe!

      Delete
  21. I've been a Tigs couponer for a couple months i guess now, i was following a link and it brought me here today. wow. you are stronger than you realize lady, you've been thru so much and you are inspiration. felt like i was reading my own story a few times there with the loses of online friends and the feelings you've survived. but.....(i have my own typing style too) life does go on (for a reason), and EVERY THING (separated those words for emphasis) does happen for a reason. you have purpose even if you dont realize what it is, i realized that i have a purpose even though i dont know exactly what it is either....lol. i think its to help others in some way and i think im doing that. but hey, stay strong(cuz you ARE strong), you have a purpose...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I simply want to say Thank You for sharing yourself <3

    ReplyDelete